RAIL WORK – ONE OF OUR SPECIALTIES
Having a rail option for your hydrocarbons gives you the flexibility to respond to changing markets and pipeline differentials. The Journey team has worked on a variety of projects; from single-track transloaders, through mid-sized multi-track projects using fixed loading arms to unit train terminals. The team has experience with all the large Canadian midstream companies, including: Keyera, Plains Midstream Canada, Pembina Pipeline, Kingston Midstream (formerly TEML), Secure Energy Services, Gibson Energy, Husky Energy, TC Energy (TransCanada Pipeline), and Cenovus Energy.
Rail projects are diverse, but when the idea comes to Journey, the priorities are:
- A strict timeline – often we find that the original justification for a rail project comes with a deadline of when it needs to be in production or when the opportunity may cease to exist
- It is done right – there are significant regulatory and stakeholder requirements related to dealing with the large rail operators: Canadian National Railway (CN) and Canadian Pacific (CP). Getting it right the first time is critical.
- A disciplined project execution – the business cases on rail projects are often very sensitive to the timeline and adherence to budget. Disciplined execution is a must.
From costly delays to incongruities in the design basis and miscommunications with CN or CP, there are many challenges that can raise their heads. See our short article, ‘Five Pointers for a Successful Rail Project’. Journey’s rail team has experience with every single large Canadian midstream company on projects ranging from smaller transloading facilities to large unit train terminals. Journey’s team provides full-service support, including:
- Feasibility, Conceptual, or Pre-FEED studies including Business Case Support
- Regulatory Support
- Front-End Engineering and Design (FEED) or Preliminary Design including Cost Estimation
- Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPs)
- Detailed Design
- Project Management including Project Controls and Scheduling Support
- Supply Chain (SCM), Procurement, Vendor Management, and Pre-Qualification
- Field Inspection and Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Maintenance and Operations Support including Management of Change (MOC) and Sustaining Capital Management
Please call (587) 210-2329 or email email@example.com; we would be delighted to arrange a face to face or virtual meeting to discuss your needs and our experience!
In our experience, the right project team can make or break a project. Journey’s team consists of the civil, process, mechanical, and electrical engineers as well as project managers and support functions required to ensure your project’s success. We are happy to provide resumes and set up introductory meetings based on the scope of your project!