Helium Recovery & Purification
As you embark on your helium journey, you will encounter some of the idiosyncrasies of this space, including proprietary technologies and large firms without a solid understanding of your local environment and unique properties of the element in question.
We have taken an 85% complete project in Wyoming and made it work and also built greenfield facilities with no prior infrastructure. Let our experience be your guide.
Liquid helium is the professional lifeblood of North America’s discovery and innovation landscape. As an inert gas, it has the lowest boiling point of any element, and it has many uses in the medical, military, and scientific fields. Helium is a product of the radioactive decay of elements like uranium and most of it actually diffuses through the earth’s crust and is lost into the atmosphere. It is possible to trap a small amount of helium underground and recover it via natural gas extraction.
While helium is a scarce and non-renewable resource, global demand is increasing. As that demand continues to rise, new helium sources must be developed. Journey has the perfect experience to help you start, expand, or optimize your helium recovery facility.
We can support you in:
- Technology assessments in both the fractional
distillation and membrane technology space
- Feasibility, Conceptual, or Pre-FEED studies including Business Case Support
- Regulatory Support in Western Canada and many US states
- Front-End Engineering and Design (FEED) or Preliminary Design including Cost Estimation
- Detailed Design
- Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPs)
- Project Management including Project Controls and Scheduling Support
- Supply Chain (SCM), Procurement, Vendor Management, and Pre Qualification
- Field Inspection and Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Maintenance and Operations Support including Management of Change (MOC) and Sustaining Capital Management
Related Helium Recovery & Purification Projects:
The Journey team brings the right experience to the table, having a background in both cryogenic distillation and membrane helium facilities.Read More
In the first phase, Journey partnered with the Client for initial scoping, design, and generating an AACE Class III cost estimate to achieve project sanction.Read More