Journey’s project management philosophy when executing projects of any size is simple: provide maximum value for our clients using reliable strategies and demonstrate repeatable successes. Some of our guiding principles include:
- Data-Driven Decision Making – By taking a disciplined approach to collecting metrics (for example, lessons learned or risks mitigated) throughout the lifecycle of a project, predictability and improvement from project to project increases.
- Minimizing the Client’s Costs – In order to minimize costs, we focus on these areas: alternate proposals at an early stage to point out areas where value can be added; deliverables that minimize engineering/construction rework; constructability, quality, and technical reviews; change orders and trends are closely monitored by our project managers; and minimizing Total Installed Costs (TICs) where possible.
- Fit-for-Purpose Deliverables – From our procedures and templates to our actual deliverables, everything is fit-for-purpose. Any activities that are not value-added are strictly eliminated. We understand the need to keep a project lean and efficient – we’ve been there before!
These straightforward strategies are what drives our success and leads to predictable, accountable, and consistent results.
Whether Journey is already a part of your regular project execution team or you’d like to partner with us for a standalone project, we are happy to help. We focus on consistent execution and live an ISO-equivalent Quality Management System (QMS) which we are continually improving.
Our diverse team of engineers, technologists, and designers work together to understand each of our client’s projects and their respective requirements. We can support you in:
- • Business Case / Economics Development
- • Cost Estimation & Project Controls
- • Scheduling
- • Project Scoping, Design Basis Memorandum (DBM) creation and Project Execution Plans (PEPs)
- • Project Risk & Opportunity Assessments
- • Feasibility, Conceptual or Pre-FEED & FEED studies
- • Hazard & Operability Studies (HAZOPs)
- • Construction Management & Support
- • Quality Assurance & Control (QA/QC)
- • Maintenance & Operations Support
- • Management of Change (MOC) Services
- • Supply Chain Management (SCM) / Procurement
- • Vendor Management & Pre-Qualification
- • Environmental / Regulatory Applications & Permitting
- • Development of Specifications and Standards
- • Technical Writing/Editing
Our project managers and project engineers work hard to continually develop the skillset required to manage successful projects and stay sharp through certified external training. Not only that, but they are supported by the best-in-class systems and tools. Our internal procedures and templates cover everything from project scoping to lessons learned and everything in-between. We know from experience that one size does not fit all and therefore our tools and systems are configured to individual projects to best meet the needs of that client and project.
Call us today! We are always happy to hear from current and prospective clients to help brainstorm and plan their next project, no matter the size.